What is a dental implant?
Dental implants are titanium screws that are placed into the jawbone to replace the root of tooth.They form a strong foundation for fixed or removable replacement teeth.
Are implants safe and how long will they last?
Implants are a safe, well-established treatment. Success of implant depends on how well one look after their implants and how regularly they go for their maintenance appointment.
What are the advantages of Dental Implants?
There are many advantages to dental implants, including:
- Improved appearance. Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth.Dental implants can give one back their smile and help them feel better about themself.
- Better comfort. Implants once placed, fuse to the bone, thereby making them permanent. As they become part of you, the discomfort caused by removable dentures is eliminated.
- Improved speech. Ill-fitting dentures cause the teeth to slip within the mouth causing slurring of words. As with Dental implants teeth are fixed, you can speak freely.
- Easier eating. Dentures can make chewing difficult. Dental implants function like their own teeth, allowing them to eat comfortably.
- Durability. Implants are highly durable and will last many years.
- Convenience. Dental implants eliminate the embarrassing inconvenience of removing dentures.